Make or buy - This is a suggestion for how implementation can be approached
- Specify requirements
- Check the requirements and fill out the PROFIdrive implementation guide
- Check the PROFIdrive profile source code
- Decide whether you will carry out the implementation yourself or purchase implementation: “make or buy”
- Build a test environment
5.1 PROFIdrive profile tester
5.2 PROFIdrive reference setup with available devices
The PROFIdrive Working Group has taken up this task
Aids here include:
- Implementation guide: A guide to the things I actaully want to implement
- Reference implementation as license-free source code: Controller & device, Usable on different platforms and operating system
- Examples: To make getting started even easier
- Tested with the PROFIdrive profile tester
- PROFIdrive Implementation Guide AC1 + AC4
- Current version 2
- PROFIdrive profile device source code
- Drive application class 4 & encoder class 3
- Current version: 3.0
- PROFIdrive profile controller source code
- PROFIdrive Controller AC1 V1.1.0
- PROFIdrive Controller AC4 V3.1.0
PROFIdrive controller isochronous operation V2.1.0
- FAQ & version overview
- What was found in the software, starting with which version etc.
- File download
- Software, manuals, meeting protocols etc.
PI supports accredited PITLs worldwide for the certification of products with a PROFIBUS/ PROFINET interface. As institutions of the PI, they are independent service providers and adhere to the mutually agreed regulations. The testing services provided by the PITLs are regularly audited in accordance with a strict accreditation process to ensure that they meet the necessary quality requirements. A list of the current PITL locations can be found on the web site.
PI certification ensures that the devices of different manufacturers with different functional scopes conform to the PROFIdrive profile specification. The test report of a PITL serves as the basis for awarding a PROFIdrive certificate. The PITL uses the PROFIdrive Profile Tester to carry out the certification test. The Profile Tester allows the tests to be performed automatically to a great extent.
- The PROFIdrive Profile Tester is available to device manufacturers for development support and for preliminary testing purposes. It thus helps manufacturers to achieve fast, systematic implementation of the PROFIdrive profile into products.