omlox - the standard for locating technologies
Localization technologies are increasingly used in industrial manufacturing. Omlox is an open standard for precise real-time indoor localization system. It specifies open interfaces for an interoperable localization system that enable industry to use a single infrastructure with different applications from different providers. As the same infrastructure is used, it lowers the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) enabling easy integration of different applications. One key trait of omlox is that it allows for cyber-physical facilitation, combining the integration of industrial software and hardware solutionsin one common ecosystem.
omlox enables unified access to location data
With the ability to integrate software such as Manufacturing Executive System (MES), asset tracking, and navigation with anti-collision, along with hardware such as drones, AGVs, and loading trucks within the domain of localization – omlox is setting a new benchmark in Industrie 4.0. Omlox enables interoperability and flexibility for different trackable providers within single or multiple tracking zones, which is achieved through two core components: omlox hub and omlox core zone.
omlox hub & omlox core zone
The omlox hub enables interoperability and flexibility within different tracking zones while omlox core zone provides interoperability and flexibility within a single tracking zone. Omlox connects localization technologies like ultra wideband (UWB), RFID, 5F and GPS and displays all location data with a uniform coordinate system.
For more information visit the Website of omlox.
omlox wins Hermes Award 2020
PROFIBUS & PROFINET International (PI) congratulates the industrial partners and participating experts of the omlox initiative on winning the Hanover Fair Hermes Award 2020. For more information please have a look at our press release.
Become part of the omlox community!
- omlox is the result of collaboration within the industry in a large community
- More than 60 companies have contributed their experience & solutions in the field of real-time localization development of omlox
- Well-known hardware and software companies are involved
- omlox is hosted, developed, and promoted by PI promoted by PI - an organization with more than 30 years experience in the global industry
- Anyone can become a member and participate in participate in the future development of omlox
- Furthermore, any company can use the standard use the standard, since the omlox interfaces are freely accessible
The contribution for omlox is included in the membership fee of PROFIBUS & PROFINET International (PI) without any additional costs.
Your advantages at a glance
- Improvement of your market position by increasing the customer value of your products
- Unlimited use of the logo and omlox patents
To become a member of comlox community, you must first be or become a member of PROFIBUS & PROFINET International (PI). PROFIBUS and PROFINET International is organized decentralized and we have more than 25 different Regional PI Associations (RPA). To be member of the big community you have to join one RPA. Which one you decide is your own choice.
But we suggest to look for an RPA which is close to your home country and with which language you are familiar with.
Here you will find an overview of all RPAs.
Use the filter and find the contact address to ask the decided RPA for detailed membership information.
In the case as your company is settled in Germany, Switzerland or Austria, we would recommend a membership at PROFIBUS Nutzerorganisation e.V. (PNO). Please use the download for membership application and more information.