This 3-days course provides a basic understanding of PROFIBUS technology for the process automation industry.
The course is designed for field service engineers/technicians. It is mandatory that the participant bring a laptop (preferably his/her own service laptop) to the course with the latest version of FieldCare and DTMs installed.
• Able to wire up an individual field device to the network
• Able to wire up a fieldbus segment to the network
• Able to assess the quality of the as-built fieldbus physical layer
• Able to configure FieldCare for use on a running system(cyclic/acyclic requirements)
• Able to use FieldCare to set the necessary parameters in a field device
• Able to integrate a field device into a DCS at a very basic level (module/slots)
• Able to exchange a field device on a running system without shooting down the bus communication
• Able to make appropriate suggestions about improving a customer`s physical layer
• Able to troubleshoot the fieldbus physical layer using the most important tools available on the market at the time of the course
Endress+Hauser specialists, service technicians and product managers
This course consists of both theoretical and hands-on exercises to ensure that the training objectives are met. The hands-on part is over 50% of the course. There will be a theoretical and practical assessment as part of the course. Participants must achieve a passing grade to qualify for certification.
Per person: 1'336- EUR / 1'550,- CHF. Includes Lunch, break refreshments, course material and one evening event.
More fieldbus course offer see:
Contact and Registration
Endress+Hauser Process Solutions AG
Christoph Merian-Ring 12
Phone: +41 61 715 73 78