This is a 4-days course and provides an advanced understanding of PROFIBUS technology for the process automation industry. It covers PROFIBUS DP from the perspective of process automation and goes into the details of the PROFIBUS PA Profile specification.
This course ends with a PROFIBUS PA certification. We offer as well a combined PROFIBUS DP/PA certified Engineer training course.
The course is designed for field service engineers/technicians as well as planners who require the internationally recognized PROFIBUS International certification.
• Able to calculate a network PA
• Able to wire up an individual field device to the network
• Able to wire up a fieldbus segment to the network
• Able to assess the quality of the as-built fieldbus physical layer
• Able to configure FieldCare for use on a running system(cyclic/acyclic requirements)
• Able to use FieldCare to set the necessary parameters in a field device
• Able to integrate a field device into a DCS (module/slots)
• Able to exchange a field device on a running system without shooting down the bus communication
• Able to make appropriate suggestions about improving a customer`s physical layer
• Able to troubleshoot the fieldbus physical layer using the most important tools available on the market at the time of the course
• PROFIBUS DP protocol analyse
This course covers the following fieldbus technology:
4 days PROFIBUS DP and PA technology. Ends at day 5 with exam for the DP and PA Level.
PC Process Solutions specialists, service technicians and product managers
This course consists of both theoretical and hands-on exercises to ensure that the training objectives are met. The hands-on part is over 50% of the course. There will be a theoretical and practical assessment as part of the course. Participants must achieve a passing grade to qualify for certification.
Endress+Hauser specialists and service technicians
Per person: 1'552,- EUR / 1'800,- CHF. Includes Lunch, break refreshments, course material and one evening event.
More fieldbus course offer see:
Contact and registration
Endress+Hauser Process Solutions AG
Christoph Merian-Ring 12
Phone: +41 61 715 73 78