BECOME A CERTIFIED PROFIBUS ENGINEER! Engineers wishing to build their careers around PROFIBUS, companies wanting to benchmark their technical staff or consultants seeking a recognised professional qualification in industrial networking can now train for Certified PROFIBUS Engineer status.
This course satisfies the growing demand for engineers with proven qualifications in networking for industrial applications. The course offered at The PROFIBUS Competence Centre at Manchester Metropolitan University deals with the theory of PROFIBUS network operation, the installation, hook-up and connection of networks and the troubleshooting of networks. It contains both theoretical and practical sections, plus supplemental training with multiple master devices. Successful completion entails passing a written exam and a practical test to become a Certified PROFIBUS Engineer.
Prerequisites for attending are:
- Certified PROFIBUS Installer & Commissioning Course attended & passed
- Industrial automation background (PLC programming and/or experience with fieldbus systems)
- Familiarity with basic communication terms and features
- An understanding of RS 485, repeaters, addressing, etc.
Important Note: This is an intense course, leading to a valuable professional qualification. There is a large element of online work and a textbook to be studied as an essential part of the course, requiring at least 2 hours dedicated work per day over the 2 weeks before the classroom sessions.
A sample of comments received:
- "Excellent practical set-up, hands-on with real devices."
- "By far the best technical course I have ever attended ...excellent but intensive"
- "Very well structured course. Really enjoyed the week."
- "Excellent course: will be recommending that individual site engineers attend."
- "...would like to thank you for one of the most valuable learning opportunities I have had in recent years"
- Duration: 4-5 days, of which 2 are classroom based
- Day 1 9:00 - 16:30
- Day 2 9:00 - 16:30