BECOME A CERTIFIED PROFIBUS ENGINEER! Engineers wishing to build their careers around PROFIBUS, companies wanting to benchmark their technical staff or consultants seeking a recognised professional qualification in industrial networking can now train for Certified PROFIBUS Engineer status.
This course satisfies the growing demand for engineers with proven qualifications in networking for industrial applications. The course offered at The PROFIBUS Competence Centre at Manchester Metropolitan University deals with the theory of PROFIBUS network operation, the installation, hook-up and connection of networks and the troubleshooting of networks. It contains both theoretical and practical sections, plus supplemental training with multiple master devices. Successful completion entails passing a written exam and a practical test to become a Certified PROFIBUS Engineer.
Prerequisites for attending are:
- Certified PROFIBUS Installer certification; PROFIBUS Commissioning & Maintenance course attended & passed within last 12 months.
- Industrial automation background (PLC programming and/or experience with fieldbus systems)
- Familiarity with basic communication terms and features
- An understanding of RS 485, repeaters, addressing, etc.
Important Note: This is an intense course, leading to a valuable professional qualification. There is a large element of online work and a free textbook - PROFIBUS in Practice – Standard and Operation - to be studied as an essential part of the course, requiring at least 2 hours dedicated work per day over the 2 weeks before the classroom sessions.
About the textbook
With tutorial questions included, this book is ideal preparation for the internationally recognised Certified PROFIBUS Engineer course which requires students to sit a demanding, 3-hour examination. With the aid of the book, trainees can work on the questions to check their understanding and be better prepared for the course and exam.
People who register for the Certified PROFIBUS Engineer Course at Manchester Metropolitan University will receive a free copy of the textbook, which is posted to them two weeks in advance of the training course to allow sufficient time for preparation.
For the many who have attended PROFIBUS training at the University, the book is a practical and useful resource to PROFIBUS technology.
A sample of comments received:
- "Excellent practical set-up, hands-on with real devices."
- "By far the best technical course I have ever attended ...excellent but intensive"
- "Very well structured course. Really enjoyed the week."
- "Excellent course: will be recommending that individual site engineers attend."
- "...would like to thank you for one of the most valuable learning opportunities I have had in recent years"
- Duration: 4-5 days, of which 2 are classroom based
- Day 1 9:00 - 16:30
- Day 2 9:00 - 16:30