The excellent feedback that was obtained from the last conference clearly indicated that we should continue to focus on the User community. Consequently the 2009 conference will concentrate on the real issues of implementation, maintenance and management of PROFIBUS and PROFINET systems.
The conference is designed for End Users including installation and maintenance personnel, system designers and decision makers including managers and indeed anyone concerned with the real issues of implementing fieldbus and/or industrial Ethernet technologies. The conference programme will contain a mixture of presentations, demonstrations and hands-on practical sessions that are suitable for a wide variety of experience; from first-time users to those with extensive experience with working systems.
In addition, the Conference will cover latest developments in PROFIBUS and PROFINET technology for factory and process automation including safety, motion control, wireless implementations and integration with the Internet and MES. The event will be supported by an exhibition of the latest products and technology demonstrations from the UK PROFIBUS Competence Centre.
We need speakers who are willing to make a short (30/40 minute) presentation on applications and other user aspects of PROFIBUS and PROFINET. Topics can include system design, commissioning and maintenance and can cover any application area or industry sector. Interactive presentations featuring live demonstrations and hands-on activities are particularly welcome. We are also seeking proposals for papers covering the latest developments in PROFIBUS and PROFINET technology as well as case studies illustrating their use in real world applications. The 2008 audience made the following specific requests for topics to be addressed:
* PROFIBUS/net basics for those new to the technology.
* End user and real life installation problems encountered by actual users
* Wireless PROFINET examples
* Device replacement and auto-recovery
* More detail on PROFINET
* Additional information on IO Link
* Applications in Oil & Gas
* Maintenance & fault finding tools/software aids.
* Anything that would be a benefit to engineers that are integrating these technologies
* EDDL Device Description language for PROFIBUS
* Presentations on programming tools, etc.
Proposals for presentations or workshops should be sent to The Papers Committee at email@example.com to arrive no later than 30th November 2008 addressing the following points:
* The working title
* Preferred method of presentation: Formal paper or workshop
* List up to 10 bullet points to show the subject matter to be covered
* Indicate to which of our target audiences the presentation will be of most value:
· End Users including installation and maintenance personnel
· System designers
· Decision makers including managers
Indicate in which "main theme(s)" the presentation best fits:
· Process ? including hazardous environment
· Factory Automation
Please also advise which day you are available to present if you are unable to be present on either of two days.
Presenters will of course be given free admission and refreshments on the day of their presentation(s).
Proposals for presentations or workshops should be sent to The Papers Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrive no later than 30th November 2008