In this section you'll find several sets of downloadable files, ranging from simple forms to join PI to executables to help you engineering and commissioning PROFIBUS and PROFINET devices. Much of it is free, although to get some files you'll need to join PI (Become a member) to gain access. The 'key' icon tells you which file needs a password.
For non-members we offer certain documents for sale. Please find our current literature list with official prices and order form here.
If you are looking for a specific order number please use also the full text search in the upper left hand corner of this website to find your documentation or software.
This guideline tries to shed some light on the topic of device identification. It cites the appropriate sections of the PROFINET IO and GSDML specifications, explains the rationale, and provides concrete rules.
· developers of PROFINET IO Devices, regarding
- when new identification numbers are required
- how to issue identification numbers
- how to correctly write the GSD
· developers of engineering tools supporting PROFINET IO, regarding
- which identification is decisive for which purpose
· PROFINET IO certification labs, regarding
- which identification numbers and which GSD to consider as “adhering to the specifications”
It is important to note that unlike with PROFIBUS, there is no separate configuration telegram in PROFINET IO. Thus, the IO Controller can’t check whether the IO data of the IO Device are those that the controller expects, regarding length and internal structure (data types). The only way to ensure that the IO data is correct is by comparing the device identification data. This strongly emphasizes the need for unique, correct identification data.
Order No.: 7.352